Win a Trip to Fiji 2023
Full Terms and Conditions
1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these Terms and Conditions.
Participation in this promotion is deemed acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
2. Entry is open to all residents and businesses located in New South Wales and the
Australian Capital Territory, Australia. Employees of the Promoter and their immediate
families, and agencies associated with this promotion are ineligible to enter. Entrants must
be 18 years or older to enter the promotion.
3. The Promoter is Salter Brothers (Canberra) Hotel Pty Ltd trading as Crowne Plaza
Canberra, an IHG hotel, ABN 58 608 763 275.
4. The Promotion commences at 8:00am on Friday 19th May 2023 and concludes at 5:00pm
on Friday 3rd November 2023 (“Promotional Period”). This Promotion is a game of chance.
5. To be eligible to enter entrants must, during the Promotional Period, book and pay the
applicable deposit for an event or group accommodation booking with the following
5 (a). The event must be held at Crowne Plaza Canberra (the “Hotel”) in either a function
room or in Redsalt Restaurant and booked via the Conference and Events team. For
group accommodation bookings a minimum of 10 room nights and booked directly with
5 (b). The event or group accommodation booking must have a minimum spend of
AUD$750.00. One (1) entry will be provided for each AUD$750.00 spent on the event, to
a maximum of ten (10) entries (per event or group accommodation booking).
5 (c). The event can be held at any time in the future from the beginning of the
5 (d). For the purpose of this competition “Event” includes:
- Social events: including, but not limited to, weddings, engagement parties,
birthday parties, Christmas parties, social club events, dinners
- Business events: including, but not limited to, meetings, conferences,
tradeshows, gala dinners, cocktail parties, seminars
5 (e). Each individual event that complies with these terms and conditions will be eligible
for entries into the competition.
5 (f). To enter the competition, eligible entrants must complete and return the entry
form that will be provided with the contract for the event.
5 (g). Entries will not be valid unless the signed contract and deposit has been received by
the Hotel within the Promotional Period.
5 (h). Entry into this promotion applies to new bookings only.
6. There is one (1) prize that includes the following items:
- Return economy airfares direct from Canberra, Australia to Nadi, Fiji for two
- 4 nights Intercontinental Fiji in a Garden View room inclusive of daily
breakfast for 2, 1 hour of non-motorised water sports per person per day, wifi
and Introduction to Diving Pool Splash session.
- Return airport transfers for two (2) adults between Nadi International Airport
and Intercontinental Fiji
7. The value of the prize is approximately AUD$3,300.00.
8. The prize is valid for travel 16th JAN-13th APR 2024 / 28th APR-6th JUL 2024 / 20th -31st
JUL 2024, and is subject to availability
9. The prize-winner will be drawn from all eligible entries at Crowne Plaza Canberra, 1
Binara Street, Canberra ACT 2601, on Wednesday 8th November 2023 at 10am by an
independent scrutineer. The winner will be notified by phone and/or email by Thursday 9th
November, 2023. The prize-winner’s name will be published on the Crowne Plaza Canberra
website: www.canberra.crowneplaza.com by Friday 10th November 2023. The prize-winner
must accept the prize in writing by Friday 17th November 2023.
10. Should the prize not be claimed, or in the event that, despite all reasonable efforts, the
prize-winner is unable to be contacted, a redraw will occur at Crowne Plaza Canberra on
Monday 20th November 2023.
11. All costs and travel arrangements other than those listed specifically in item 6 are the
responsibility of the prize-winner and travelling companion.
12. Prizes, or any unused portion of a prize, are not transferable or exchangeable and
cannot be taken as cash.
13. If any prize (or part of any prize) is unavailable, the Promoter in its discretion, reserves
the right to substitute the prize (or part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or
14. If this promotion is interfered with in any way or is not capable of being conducted as
reasonably anticipated due to any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter,
the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to the fullest extent permitted by law
to (a) disqualify any entrant; and/or (b) to modify, suspend, terminate or cancel the
promotion, as appropriate.
15. Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable
Guarantees, the Promoter (including its respective officers, employees and agents) is not
responsible for and excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or
any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or
consequential, arising in any way out of: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment
malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter’s control); (b) any theft, unauthorised
access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered,
damaged or misdirected (whether or not after their receipt by the Promoter) due to any
reason beyond the reasonable control of the Promoter; (d) any variation in prize value to
that stated in these terms and conditions; (e) any tax liability incurred by a winner or
entrant; or (f) use of a prize; or (g) arising in any other way out of the promotion.
16. In the event they are a winner, entrants consent to the Promoter using the entrant’s
name, likeness, image and/or voice (including photograph, film and/or recording of the
same) in any media for an unlimited period of time without remuneration for the purpose of
promoting this competition (including any outcome), and promoting any products
manufactured, distributed and/or supplied by the Promoter.
17. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of entries and
entrants (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence) and to disqualify any
entrant who tampers with the entry process or who submits an entry that is not in
accordance with these Terms and Conditions. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its
rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights. Errors and omissions will be
accepted at the Promoter’s discretion.
18. The Promoter collects personal information in order to conduct the promotion and may,
for this purpose, disclose such information to third parties, including but not limited to
agents, contractors, service providers, prize suppliers and, as required, to Australian
regulatory authorities. The Promoter may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise
advised, use the information for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling
purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. Entrants
should direct any request to opt out, access, update or correct information to the Promoter.
All entries become the property of the Promoter. Entry is conditional on providing this
19. This promotion is authorised under Permit No ACT TP 23/00911 via ACT Gaming and
Racing Commission under conditions of the Lotteries Act 1964
Plan Your Snow Stopover
Enjoy complimentary breakfast & parking
Book early & save for ski season
A Hotel for Every Occasion
We also have more than 5,000 IHG hotels in nearly 100 countries, we have the perfect hotel for every need.